Open Position: Dog Trainer
Status: Part-Time (10-20 hours per month)
Salary: $30-$40/hr DOE
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Dog Trainer to conduct one-on-one and group training sessions with clients’ dogs. The Dog Trainer’s responsibilities include evaluating dogs’ dispositions and temperaments, providing regular progress updates to clients, and teaching clients how to reinforce good behavior. You should also be able to answer clients’ questions regarding training, behavioral issues, boarding, and pricing.
To be successful as a Dog Trainer, you should be patient and passionate about training dogs. Ultimately, an exceptional Dog Trainer should have sound knowledge of various dog training techniques and demonstrate excellent communication, dog handling, and problem-solving skills.
Dog Trainer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients to discuss behavioral concerns and training needs.
- Identifying additional behavioral concerns and communicating them to clients.
- Developing suitable training plans for dogs and documenting their progress.
- Teaching dogs to obey basic commands using various training techniques that are best suited to each dog’s personality and attributes.
- Implementing appropriate training programs to address and resolve problem areas, including aggression, separation anxiety, hyperactivity, and biting.
- Ensuring that the training areas are clean and tidy.
- Teaching clients appropriate training methods to enforce and maintain behaviors and skills learned by their dogs during training sessions.
- Contacting clients to schedule training appointments, verify bookings, and inquire into overdue payments.
Dog Trainer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of dog training techniques as well as animal behavior and body language.
- Proven experience working as a Dog Trainer.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong dog handling skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- A love for dogs.
- Patient and enthusiastic.
Positive Reinforcement philosophy only.
Minimum Qualifications: One year or more of professional dog training experience. *
CPDT-KA certification or better strongly preferred.[wpforms id=”2837″ title=”false” description=”false”]